
Early this morning I woke up by a strange feeling and our warderobe was shaking, the bed also and it sounded as if 50 huge trucks were passing by very close to the house. Mattias came out of the shower and asked - "what the hell was that, it must have been an earthquake!".
It's not our most frequent conversation phrase at 6.30 a.m...on a weekday... (or weekend for that matter ;)
I went up - checked the TV (even the text services on the news channels) and the Internet - but no information. It actually took over an hour before any radio station mentioned it. Where is that "super duper media world - keeping you updated within seconds... " when you need it...? Isn't that strange?
I texted my dad and the earth quake woke him and mum up aswell, so then we figured how big/spread it was. More information in english
So.. that was probably the first and last quake in my lifetime as a resident in south Sweden (they occure maybe one in hundred years! They are not that frequent, thank God!). 1999 I experienced a bit scarrier one in Newport Beach, CA - it reached over 6.2 on the richter Scale...
But as I said to dad this morning - HEY, let's move to California.. it's not more dangerous than Saxtorp!
3 kommentarer:
Mixmegapol 107.0 snackade inte om något annat första halvtimmen. De tog reda på uppgifter och tog emot samtal från folk som ringde in från Genarp, Veberöd, Södra Sandby, Höör, Lund, Eslöv...
Should I wrote that in Ängelska?
The local commercial radio station covered it.
Inte mixmegapol (med Adam & Gry, som vi då har i Saxtorp.. får inte in Malmö stationen), tyvärr. Inte heller P1 eller P4.. så din station var helt unik ;)
Skrev till 3 amerikanska familjer och morbror Inge i Aussieland som behöver uppdateras om sverige ;) Tänkte ni andra kände ju redan till Sverige nyheterna..
We appreciate you taking the time to write in English. Especially since it was news to me that there was an earthquake in Skane. It did happen when we lived in Ahus though. Can't remember the year but around 1987... I alla fall intressant.. Puss
Syster Yster (anonym)
Skicka en kommentar